Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Liviu Chiriac <li...@inetsoft.com> on 2002/09/19 19:33:28 UTC

WAR file - how to

I have a WAR file (app.war), with my application already developed. I
need to expose certain methods from some of my classes as web services.

Tomcat automatically expands my WAR file if I put it in the webapps
directory, where Axis also resides.

Do I have to do a wsdl2java and jav2wsdl for each class whose methods I
need to expose? Also, how do I specify the methods (I do not want to
expose all of them).

Liviu

RE: WAR file - how to

Posted by Liviu Chiriac <li...@inetsoft.com>.
By putting all the Axis jars under webapps/<my-app>/WEB-INF/lib and
configuring the web.xml for AxisServlet, AdminServlet and .jws, Axis
seems to have blended fine in my application.

Then I run for a <webservice>
  % java org.apache.axis.client.AdminClient deploy.wsdd

But this deploys into the \webapps\axis ... not in \webapps\<my-app>.
How can I make it go under <my-app> ?

In other words, I want to be able to invoke:
http://localhost:8080/<my-app>/services/<webservice>?wsdl
  and not:
http://localhost:8080/axis/services/<webservice>?wsdl

Liviu