Posted to httpclient-users@hc.apache.org by Ruchi Goel <ru...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2010/05/05 07:32:10 UTC

problem of http.connection. timeout

Hi,
   I am not able to see timeout while making a http.connection , when I run the following code on jetty. However, the code runs perfectly and connection times out if it is executed as simple java client, not running on jetty container.

Is there some jetty specific time out setting which is overriding the timeout set by me. I am using org.apache.commons.httpclient.* packages.

    HttpConnectionManagerParams cmparams = new HttpConnectionManagerParams();
          HttpConnectionManager manager = new SimpleHttpConnectionManager();
          manager.setParams(cmparams);
          HttpClientParams params = new HttpClientParams();
          HttpClient client = new HttpClient(params, manager);
          client.getParams().setParameter("http.socket.timeout", new Integer(captcha_timeout));
          client.getParams().setParameter("http.connection.timeout", new Integer(captcha_timeout));
        DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler retryhandler = new DefaultHttpMethodRetryHandler(0, true);
        client.getParams().setParameter(HttpMethodParams.RETRY_HANDLER, retryhandler);

Any pointers/help appreciated.

Regards,
Ruchi