Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Francesco Chicchiriccò <fr...@eposse.it> on 2007/10/18 11:33:09 UTC

Cacheable transformer

Hi all,
I'm getting through some troubles with a trasformer I'm developing.

I read about caching here: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/
concepts/caching.html and I tried to apply those concepts to my
transformer, having also a look to cocoon's source code
(DASLTransformer in particular).

So I implemented the interface CacheableProcessingComponent with
methods getKey() and getValidity().
I finally declared the pipelines in which this transformer is used as
"caching" (event tough it wasn't necessary since this is the default
in the main sitemap, as I saw).

The problem is that it seems that these methods are never called by
anyone.

What am I missing?

Cheers.

RE: Cacheable transformer

Posted by Ard Schrijvers <a....@hippo.nl>.
Hello Francesco,

> Hi all,
> I'm getting through some troubles with a trasformer I'm developing.
>
> I read about caching here: http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/userdocs/
> concepts/caching.html and I tried to apply those concepts to
> my transformer, having also a look to cocoon's source code
> (DASLTransformer in particular).
>
> So I implemented the interface CacheableProcessingComponent
> with methods getKey() and getValidity().
> I finally declared the pipelines in which this transformer is
> used as "caching" (event tough it wasn't necessary since this
> is the default in the main sitemap, as I saw).
>
> The problem is that it seems that these methods are never
> called by anyone.

Hmmm, that is strange. Suppose you are using 2.1, right? Can you confirm
that every single component in the pipeline you are using implements
CacheableProcessingComponent?

Furthermore, if you mail the pipeline snippet and your transformer I'll
should be able to help you out. If you want some more indept knowledge
of the caching algoritm of cocoon, you might find a good starting point
over here [1]

Regards Ard

[1] http://cocoon.zones.apache.org/daisy/cdocs/g1/g1/g2/g1/690.html