Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Thim Anneessens <t....@ictjob.be> on 2013/01/29 17:46:31 UTC

Bug with email validatior - Does not accept valid characters like '+'

Hello,

The '+' character is a valid email address character. The Struts email
validator (com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.validators.EmailValidator)
does not support the '+' character.

I noticed that the validator implementation is custom (using a regex).
Maybe it would be better to use already existing implementation (java
and apache commons have one).

Best regards,
--
*Thim Anneessens
IT Department *

ictjob group

ictjob.be <http://www.ictjob.be>
Tel: +32 2 725 73 00
Terhulpsesteenweg, 6B
B-1560 Hoeilaart 	ictjob.lu <http://www.ictjob.lu>
Tel: +352 621 364 792
12, rue Eugène Ruppert
L-2453 Luxembourg 	jobtic.fr <http://www.jobtic.fr>
Tel: +33 9 81 25 19 66
19 rue Martel
75010 Paris 	ticjob.es <http://www.ticjob.es>
Tel: +34 911 25 43 11
Calle Santo Tomé 4, 5B
28004 Madrid 	ictjob.de <http://www.ictjob.de>
Tel: +49 711 91 41 07 32
Humboldtstr. 32
70771 Leinfelden-Echterdingen

Re: Bug with email validatior - Does not accept valid characters like '+'

Posted by Thim Anneessens <t....@ictjob.be>.
Thanks Lukasz, we will try the upgrade.

Best regards,
Thim.

Posted by Lukasz Lenart <lu...@apache.org>.
2013/1/29 Thim Anneessens <t....@ictjob.be>

> Hello,
>
> The '+' character is a valid email address character. The Struts email validator (com.opensymphony.xwork2.validator.validators.EmailValidator) does not support the '+' character.
>
> I noticed that the validator implementation is custom (using a regex). Maybe it would be better to use already existing implementation (java and apache commons have one).

This was already reported [1] and resolved with version 2.3.7, with
upcoming release you will be able to specify regexp for your own with
${regexExpression} expression of email validator [2] (email validator
extends regex validator [3])

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/WW-3883
[2] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/email-validator.html
[3] http://struts.apache.org/2.x/docs/regex-validator.html