Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com> on 2016/10/04 22:34:51 UTC

More on Yoko

Hi,

I’m no longer with IBM, but before I left I was strongly encouraged to make the work we did on yoko publicly accessible, so it’s now at https://github.com/djencks/geronimo-yoko

Both Joe Chacko and Neil Richards have now filed ICLAs.  I somewhat doubt they will have time to massage the existing commits, nor do I know if it’s possible to do without linearizing git history.  I’m hoping to have time and energy to experiment with this.  At worst I think we could put the git revision hashes into the Jira issues rather than the (preferable) reverse.

I’ve seen some vague rumors lately that it’s possible to have some repos under git and some under svn.  When I have a little more time I’d like to investigate this.  Do we need  a vote to authorize changing the yoko repo to git?

thanks
david jencks

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Works for me.

Regards,
Alan

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
should be fine.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by David Jencks <da...@gmail.com>.

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
Git has been set up:

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi David, Alan!

I think there is not (yet) wide adoption of yoko. So if the iCLAs are on file then I see no problem to simply import this work to svn as well.

We can of course also request a git repo for yoko and import the current work over.
I can assist in getting the git repo started.

But we also would need to update the documentation etc.

LieGrue,
strub

PS: David, sorry to hear that you leave IBM. Hope it is in your best interest and you are doing fine. Since I know you are an exceptional technician I guess you will not stay available on the free market for a long time ;)

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.

Re: More on Yoko

Posted by Alan Cabrera <li...@toolazydogs.com>.