Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Mike Marynowski <mi...@singulink.com> on 2019/03/01 02:10:40 UTC

Re: Spam rule for HTTP/HTTPS request to sender's root domain

Thunderbird normally shows reply-to in normal messages...is this
something that some MUAs ignore just on mailing list emails or all
emails? Because I see reply-to on plenty of other emails.

Posted by Bill Cole <sa...@billmail.scconsult.com>.
On 28 Feb 2019, at 21:10, Mike Marynowski wrote:

> Thunderbird normally shows reply-to in normal messages...is this
> something that some MUAs ignore just on mailing list emails or all
> emails?

I cannot keep track all of the irrational things done by all MUAs. I'm
not even surprised by anything new and wrong I see any more.

It is certainly POSSIBLE that because *some* mailing lists impose a
fixed Reply-To, some MUAs ignore it on list messages. It is certain that
some just ignore it no matter what because they are written by fools.
Also, some people configure their MUA to "reply all" by default all the
time, overriding any normal Reply-To support.

> Because I see reply-to on plenty of other emails.

You can see it for yourself in the raw message at the list archive:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/spamassassin-users/201902.mbox/raw/%3cE54C4C01-CFCC-430B-8A52-6D8D866DB038@billmail.scconsult.com%3e