Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by jl...@br.ibm.com on 2005/10/13 18:29:49 UTC

Re: Fw: Subscribing a new Project into Jakarta

>jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:

>>>Effectively it's turning into a component container, a larger variant
of
>>>Commons. All of our server-like parts have moved to top level, and it
>>>sounds like JFTP4I would (despite not being just an FTP server) still
be
>>>very much a server-like project. So definitely a TLP example.
>>
>> Yeah, i'm just i little confuse of how to initiate the process. Who to
>> talk, what email to send, and so on.

>Have you seen FtpServer in incubation [1]? I would think there is
significant
>overlap between projects, so may be instead of creating new project, you
could
>join efforts with existing one?

Yes i saw. This could be a good idea, but i don´t have any clue of who are
the developers/Mentors involved, and my project is not intended to be
"only" a FTP Server, but an Application Server that delegates all requests
to an existing user defined FTPAction. Maybe we could fit together both
projects, but still, i must ask this to the FtpServer developers (i don´t
know who they are). I didn´t find this information on the site.

        Tks anyway :-).

        João

Posted by Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>.
Felipe Leme wrote:
> jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:
>
>> projects, but still, i must ask this to the FtpServer developers (i
>> don´t know who they are).
>

> Hmm, there is a Maven-generated link that says "Who We Are" :-)
>
>> I didn´t find this information on the site.
>

> Here is the link I mentioned:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/team-list.html
>
> (of course, you must change the {at} for @ and {d0t} for . :-)

Even better - mailing list
   http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/mail-lists.html

Vadim

Re: Fw: Subscribing a new Project into Jakarta

Posted by jl...@br.ibm.com.
Hi Felipe (Olá),

>jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:

>> projects, but still, i must ask this to the FtpServer developers (i
don´t
>> know who they are).

>Hmm, there is a Maven-generated link that says "Who We Are" :-)

>> I didn´t find this information on the site.

>Here is the link I mentioned:

>http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/team-list.html

>(of course, you must change the {at} for @ and {d0t} for . :-)
        tks., i will do that ...

Posted by Felipe Leme <ja...@felipeal.net>.
jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:

> projects, but still, i must ask this to the FtpServer developers (i don´t
> know who they are).

Hmm, there is a Maven-generated link that says "Who We Are" :-)

> I didn´t find this information on the site.

Here is the link I mentioned:

http://incubator.apache.org/projects/ftpserver/team-list.html

(of course, you must change the {at} for @ and {d0t} for . :-)

-- Felipe

Re: Fw: Subscribing a new Project into Jakarta

Posted by jl...@br.ibm.com.
hello Hen,

>On Thu, 13 Oct 2005 jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:

>>> jlopes@br.ibm.com wrote:
>> the developers/Mentors involved, and my project is not intended to be
>> "only" a FTP Server, but an Application Server that delegates all
requests
>> to an existing user defined FTPAction. Maybe we could fit together both
>> projects, but still, i must ask this to the FtpServer developers (i
don´t
>> know who they are). I didn´t find this information on the site.

>Just to throw an idea out there, how about using the Servlet API? ie)
>defining the equivalent of javax.servlet.ftp etc etc?
This is exactly what jftp4i does. The only difference is that the Servlets
are called FTPActions. I'm not actually using the javax.servlet.Servlet
specification, but the idea is basically the same. Maybe we can improve in
this direction, but as you know, the FTP protocol is a little more complex
in terms of commands, than the HTTP protocol. So, we must define where to
merge a doPut, or doGet, etc. into a FTP request/response in the
framework.

I think that the best way is to use the idea, not specifically the Servlet
API, but we are open to discussion.

        tks, []s,
                João

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

Posted by Rana Bhattacharyya <ra...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

   We have one API set called ftplet bundled with the
Incubator FTPServer. The basic objective is to
integrate other applications with the FTP server. We
will be more than happy to work together.

Thanks,
Rana Bhattacharyya