Posted to users@camel.apache.org by "Pitre, Russell" <RP...@shawmut.com> on 2010/04/07 17:24:47 UTC

Eclipse and camel:run

I just spent the last half day trying to figure out what I thought was a
bug with a Camel route.  I have a route that  consumes multiple files
from a ftp server and then a second route to process those files.

Files were disappearing on me without any errors or debug messages,
needless to say I was a little baffled but I kept my cool  ;)

I use Eclipse and m2eclipse plug-in (actually, the STS eclipse distro)
in combination with  the camel:run plug-in to run my camel routes inside
Eclipse during development.  Apparently at some point during the
compile/build/run cycle I didn't properly shut down the camel
application.  Eventually, I noticed a process running in the background.
I just wanted to post this message to give a heads up for you
eclipse/maven users in case you run into a similar situation.

Cheers

-Russ

Re: Eclipse and camel:run

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks for sharing this story. Yeah I can see why you would get really confused?
And imagine powering on the computer the next day and it just worked :)

--
Claus Ibsen
Apache Camel Committer

Blog: http://davsclaus.blogspot.com/