Posted to user@kylin.apache.org by Yogita Mokate <yo...@persistent.com> on 2019/03/29 10:23:01 UTC

Not able to start Apache Kylin

Hi All,

We are setting up Apache Kylin to be integrated with one of our product. However, the environment is not going up and running with below error message:

INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/kylin2.5/tomcat/webapps/kylin.war
Mar 28, 2019 5:46:21 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase addChildInternal
SEVERE: ContainerBase.addChild: start:
org.apache.catalina.LifecycleException: Failed to start component [StandardEngine[Catalina].StandardHost[localhost].StandardContext[/kylin]]
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:162)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:1017)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:993)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:652)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:1127)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig$DeployWar.run(HostConfig.java:2021)
        at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:522)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1160)
        at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:635)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:812)
Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/tomcat/JarScanner.scan(Lorg/apache/tomcat/JarScanType;Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;Lorg/apache/tomcat/JarScannerCallback;)V (loaded from file:/opt/kylin2.5/tomcat/lib/tomcat-api.jar by sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5c85b446) called from class org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner (loaded from file:/opt/hive/lib/jetty-runner-9.3.20.v20170531.jar by sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5c85b446).
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scanJars(TldScanner.java:262)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner.scan(TldScanner.java:106)
        at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer.onStartup(JasperInitializer.java:103)
        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5669)
        at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
        ... 10 more

Below are the component successfully setup as a supporting environment for Kylin:

  *   Hadoop cluster with three nodes.(Hadoop version 2.8.5)
  *   Hbase (Version 1.4.8)
  *   Hive (Version 3.1.1)
  *   Spark 2.4.0

Kylin versions tried:

  *   Kylin 2.6.1
  *   Kylin 2.5.0

Installation Guide followed from here http://kylin.apache.org/docs/install/

We thought of the runtime library difference between tomcat-api.jar and jetty runner, so tried upgrading both the jars, however, it didn't produce any positive results.

Regards,
Yogita Mokate

DISCLAIMER
==========

RE: Not able to start Apache Kylin

Posted by Yogita Mokate <yo...@persistent.com>.
Hi Chao Long,

I have tried to remove jetty-runner jar from kylin classpath, but I think kylin has dependency on jetty-runner jar.

Below error is there in the logs:

INFO: Deploying web application archive /opt/kylin2.5/tomcat/webapps/kylin.war
Apr 08, 2019 6:49:08 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase addChildInternal
[...]
Caused by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClassImpl(Native Method)
                     at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:154)
                     at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:730)
                     at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$400(URLClassLoader.java:96)
                     at java.net.URLClassLoader$ClassFinder.run(URLClassLoader.java:1187)
                     at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:739)
                     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:605)
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:925)
                     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:343)
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:914)
                     at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
                     at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1914)
                     at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoaderBase.loadClass(WebappClassLoaderBase.java:1771)
                     at java.lang.Class.forNameImpl(Native Method)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.loadServices(WebappServiceLoader.java:197)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.WebappServiceLoader.load(WebappServiceLoader.java:158)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.processServletContainerInitializers(ContextConfig.java:1569)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.webConfig(ContextConfig.java:1270)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.configureStart(ContextConfig.java:878)
                     at org.apache.catalina.startup.ContextConfig.lifecycleEvent(ContextConfig.java:388)
                     at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:117)
                     at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleBase.java:90)
                     at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.startInternal(StandardContext.java:5566)
                     at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleBase.start(LifecycleBase.java:145)
                     ... 10 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.jasper.servlet.JasperInitializer
                     at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:610)
                     at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClassHelper(ClassLoader.java:925)
                     at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java:343)
                     ... 40 more

Regards,
Yogita

   You can try to remove "jetty-runner" jar from the classpath by excluding it in "$KYLIN_HOME/bin/find-hive-dependency.sh" and see if the problem still exists.

   find line: hive_lib=`find -L ${hive_lib_dir} -name '*.jar' ! -name '*druid*' ! -name '*slf4j*' ! -name '*avatica*' ! -name '*calcite*' !...
   add: ! -name '*jetty-runner*'
------------------
Best Regards,
Chao Long
From:  "Yogita Mokate"<yo...@persistent.com>>;
Date:  Fri, Mar 29, 2019 06:23 PM
To:  "user@kylin.apache.org<ma...@kylin.apache.org>>;
Subject:  Not able to start Apache Kylin

[...]

Caused by: java.lang.NoSuchMethodError: org/apache/tomcat/JarScanner.scan(Lorg/apache/tomcat/JarScanType;Ljavax/servlet/ServletContext;Lorg/apache/tomcat/JarScannerCallback;)V (loaded from file:/opt/kylin2.5/tomcat/lib/tomcat-api.jar by sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5c85b446<ma...@5c85b446>) called from class org.apache.jasper.servlet.TldScanner (loaded from file:/opt/hive/lib/jetty-runner-9.3.20.v20170531.jar by sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader@5c85b446<ma...@5c85b446>).

From:  "Yogita Mokate"<yo...@persistent.com>;
Date:  Fri, Mar 29, 2019 06:23 PM
To:  "user@kylin.apache.org"<us...@kylin.apache.org>;

[...]

This e-mail may contain privileged and  confidential information which is the property of Persistent Systems  Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to  which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are  not authorized to read, retain, copy, print, distribute or use this  message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify  the sender and delete all copies of this message. Persistent Systems  Ltd. does not accept any liability for virus infected mails.