Posted to adffaces-dev@incubator.apache.org by piyush hari <pi...@gmail.com> on 2006/09/26 23:32:52 UTC

[Proposal] fix 'panelAccordion' component for non PPR enabled browsers like BlackBerry

Hello,

The panelAccordion control can be used to display a group of contents
belonging to a showDetailItem. Accordion bar(s) with panels representing
showDetailItem children is displayed. The panel for the showDetailItem that
is selected to be shown is shown as expanded and contents of selected
showDetailItem is displayed. If none of the showDetailItem children are
selected, the first showDetailItem that is enabled is considered to be
selected.

This component works fine for browsers that support Partial Page Rendering
(PPR) like IE,Pocket IE,IE Mobile and Mozilla Firefox. However, it does not
work for browsers that don't support partial page rendering. For ex:  On
Blackberry 4.0 , Clicking a showDetailItem child, shows the content, but
clicking it again does not hide the content.

Therefore, I propose to 'fix' this component for PPR-disabled browsers like
BlackBerry 4.0

Let me know if you have any comments on this. I will go ahead and set up a
JIRA for it.

Thanks,
Piyush Hari

Re: [Proposal] fix 'panelAccordion' component for non PPR enabled browsers like BlackBerry

Posted by Piyush Hari <pi...@oracle.com>.
Hi Matt,

I tested with 'discloseNone=true'. It does not work. However, it seems I
have discovered the bug. In CorePanelAccordionRenderer.java, for non-ppr
browsers, submitForm() is called with argument event='show' hardcoded. This
really should be event='event' (where event is the current 'show'/'hide'
event).It worked fine after this patch. I will go ahead and make the patch
available.

Thanks,
Piyush

Posted by Matt Cooper <ma...@gmail.com>.