Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org> on 2017/03/22 16:27:58 UTC

Do we have a mechanism to retire modules?

Hi,

In SLING-6686 I'm suggesting retiring the o.a.s.servlets.compat
module, I don't think we are planning to release more versions of it.

Do we already a mechanism for retiring modules? I forgot.

We might just move them under a new "retired" top-level folder. I
wouldn't want to delete their code, but that would be a way to mark
them as unsuitable for new releases.

-Bertrand

Re: Do we have a mechanism to retire modules?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Ignore my answer...I should have read your readme before replying :)

Carsten

Carsten Ziegeler wrote

--
Carsten Ziegeler
Adobe Research Switzerland

Re: Do we have a mechanism to retire modules?

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Hi Bertrand,

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Posted by Robert Munteanu <ro...@apache.org>.
On Wed, 2017-03-22 at 17:48 +0100, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/sling/attic/

And a bit more context at https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/pages/vie
wpage.action?pageId=65873121

Robert