Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Mikael Helbo Kjær <mh...@dia.dk> on 2000/04/03 08:54:08 UTC

Adding early support for XBase and XInclude

Hi all. I just wanted to ask. Do you guys think about putting in support in
Xerces for XInclude (and thereby also including XBase) for one of the next
major versions? I do of course know that they`re still under development,
but it wouldn`t have to be now anyway. I`m just asking, because I just
looked the drafts and man do they include stuff you`ll need for handling big
websites esspecially XInclude looks interesting. Imagine a namespace
maintianing include mechanism, for example when building a personalized
portal page (just a little include of that type here, the news there, my
username there and all using an xml-based template of my choice as provided
on the portal). Of course the decision would have to be made, if this
mechanism should be done in the parser or somewhere else. As you can guess I
think it should be added to the parser as it would be here that we`d first
discover the XInclude node. And as XBase is referred to briefly in the draft
I guess that it would have to be included as well :)

Mikael Helbo Kjær

Software Developer @ DIA a/s

Re: Adding early support for XBase and XInclude