Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Edd Grant <ed...@eddgrant.com> on 2010/07/26 12:08:48 UTC

Re: How to build Roller Source

I *think* that the mavenised build was introduced some way in to the Roller
5 source, if you're familar with Maven then all you need to know is that
Roller builds like any standard Maven project. If you're not familiar with
Maven then there's a reasonable tutorial on the Maven site which should get
you started (
http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html).
All maven projects are ostensibly built using the same commands so once
you've got this sorted the process of buliding Roller should be a bit more
self explanatory.

Netbeans 6.9 has support for Maven projects out of the box, you should just
be able to open and build the project straight from the IDE. I've done this
in the past with the Roller 5 source and have had no problems.

I'm not sure whether Eclipse has Maven support out of the box, I think that
might depend on the distribution you use. I'm currently using SpringSource
STS 2.3 which does.

Are you having any particular problem building in Netbeans? If you could
send an error/ stacktrace that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Edd

--
Mobile: +44 (0) 7861 394 543
Web: http://www.eddgrant.com

Re: How to build Roller Source

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
This should help:

   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Build+Guide

I use both Netbeans and Eclipse (with the m2eclipse plugin) for development.

Thanks,
Dave

Posted by "mario.mueller.mac" <ma...@me.com>.
Hi folks,