Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Myron A. Semack" <ms...@kcftech.com> on 2017/08/15 19:56:34 UTC

Attempted to write commit log entry for unrecognized table

We have a Cassandra 2.2.10 cluster of 9 nodes, hosted in AWS.  One of the nodes had a problem where it ran out of space on its root volume (NOT the Cassandra volume which holds the Cassandra data and commit logs).  I resolved the issue with free space on the root volume and restarted the node.  But now the node is showing this error in the Cassandra system.log:

ERROR [SharedPool-Worker-4] 2017-08-15 19:45:54,519 CommitLogSegment.java:421 - Attempted to write commit log entry for unrecognized table: 1b58bb96-a35d-366a-bfac-b3bb75a8bf97

I did some searching, but was unable to find any guidance on how to deal with this error.  Is there a way to recover from this error?  (Preferably without terminating and rebuilding the node.)

Sincerely,
Myron A. Semack

RE: Attempted to write commit log entry for unrecognized table

Posted by "Myron A. Semack" <ms...@kcftech.com>.
Restarting the Cassandra service resolved this issue.  Thanks for your advice!

Sincerely,
Myron A. Semack

what does nodetool describecluster show?
stab in the dark but you could try nodetool resetlocalschema  or a rolling restart of the cluster if it's schema issues.

Re: Attempted to write commit log entry for unrecognized table

Posted by kurt greaves <ku...@instaclustr.com>.

Posted by Erick Ramirez <fl...@gmail.com>.
Myron, it just means that while the node was down, one of the tables got
dropped. When you eventually brought the node back online and the commit
logs were getting replayed, it tried to replay a mutation for a table which
no longer exists. Cheers!