Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Gary Tully <ga...@gmail.com> on 2009/05/07 18:01:29 UTC

Re: Configuration of maximum number of Producers

Hi Felxi, such a policy does not exist at the moment. Implementing this
behavior with a broker interceptor
plugin<http://activemq.apache.org/interceptors.html>may be a good
option for you. Would make a nice
contribution <http://activemq.apache.org/contributing.html>. If that does
not work for you, please raise a JIRA issue to keep this enhancement on the
radar.

btw: The audit options is about duplicate suppression in the event of
failover, the audit buffer fifo list can be managed with the
maxProducerToAudit setting.

2009/4/29 fehm <Fe...@cern.ch>

> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for a policyEntry attribute which allows to limit the number of
> Producers per Topic/Queue. Same for the maximim size of a single message.
> I'm not sure if the PolicyEntry.maxProducerToAudit which is referenced by
> AbstractPendingMessageCursor.java is the right thing. I tried it with
> maxProducerToAudit =1, but activemq allows a seconds producer to publish to
> this topic.
>
> Does anyone has experience with this ?
>
> Thanks for help,
> Felix