Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org> on 2013/05/25 18:33:36 UTC

[OT] Re: java-server-socket-binding-multiple-domain-host-names

On 25/05/2013 17:23, Elgs Chen wrote:
> Hi Mark,
>
> I'm very sorry I know this is not related to the Tomcat project.

Then mark the thread as off-topic and use the users mailing list.

> However, I cannot find anyone who I think has more expertise in java networking programming than you.

Then you need to get out more. Also, flattery will get you nowhere.

> I have a java server socket problem and I have no way to find the answer. I'm really hoping I can get some insights from you. Thanks in advance.
>
> And here's the URL to this question:
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/16751062/java-server-socket-binding-multiple-domain-host-names

Try reading the perfectly good answer you have already received or,
better yet, stop and think exactly what it is DNS does.

Mark

Re: [OT] Re: java-server-socket-binding-multiple-domain-host-names

Posted by Elgs Qian Chen <el...@hotmail.com>.
Thanks Mark. Actually I have problem with Apache2 proxy module when the backend is a wesocket server. I have written my own TCP proxy/port mapper, however, it maps only one client to one server.

Now I think maybe I have to hack into the http protocol by reading a little bit from a client request, and steal out the server address information.

Yes, it's up to the DNS to translate the address, not the server itself. Thank you very much. Now I'm clear.

Best regards,
Elgs

Sent from my iPhone