Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by jlindwall <jl...@yahoo.com> on 2014/12/05 02:12:21 UTC

Forcing daemon threads when using discovery transport

I see that I can add a "daemon=true" parameter to tcp broker urls to force
the ActiveMQ Transport threads to be created as daemon threads.  I've tested
this and it works fine, e.g.
"failover:(tcp://172.202.23.11:61616?daemon=true,tcp://172.202.23.11:61617?daemon=true)?initialReconnectDelay=100"

However I am not using failover or tcp transports directly: I am using
discovery transport in my broker urls, like this:
"discovery:(multicast://default)"

Is it possible to force the "daemon=true" parameter to always be in effect
for this style of transport?  Or perhaps there is some other mechanism?

I tried adding daemon=true, transport.daemon=true, tcp.daemon=true to the
discovery urls to no avail.

Perhaps this can be handled in my server configuration?  My
transportConnector and networkConnector appear as follows:

Thanks!