Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Brian Barker <b....@btinternet.com.INVALID> on 2022/07/28 19:35:20 UTC

Re: [REQUEST] Directory name for the user data in Windows versions

At 19:31 28/07/2022 +0200, Marcus Noname wrote:
>does someone has a documentation source where to find the user
>directories listed for all Windows versions - let's say since Windows XP?

I was going to suggest earlier (when you were discussing telling
users how to find their profiles) that, if you are using this to talk
to users, then the environment variable %APPDATA% is (I think) all
you need. This has the advantage of avoiding two problems: part of
the path to this is through a folder hidden by default, and some
users may not be aware of their own Windows user name.

Brian Barker