Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Am...@iflexsolutions.com on 2006/09/01 06:24:38 UTC

Problem using compiled translets with Xalan !!

Hi All,

We are using compiled translets to transform XML data into XSL. The
application makes HTTP URL connection to a remote site which generates
XML based on the request. The same is transformed using compiled
translets.

We have observed that out of 100 concurrent requests, 1 or 2 requests
fail due to transformation failure. Does anybody know why this happens?

For each request we are creating a transformer factory and a
transformer. We have even tested with templates, but the problem still
persists.

Thanks & Regards,

Ambika Prasad Das

Re: Problem using compiled translets with Xalan !!

Posted by Mohsen Saboorian <mo...@gmail.com>.
Ambiko,
Take a look at a related post here:
http://www.mhonarc.org/archive/html/xsl-list/2006-07/msg00432.html

Not sure if it solves your problem.

Posted by Brian Minchau <mi...@ca.ibm.com>.
Ambika,
more information is needed. This could be an error totally outside of
Xalan, like a bug in an underlying database concurrency (unlikely, but
possible).

What version of Xalan are you using?  The latest published 2.7.0 ?

What is the HTTP server doing?  Is it running servlets that run an XSLT
transformation to generate and return XML?
If that is the case what is each servlet keeping a reference to from each
invocation to the next?  The transformer factory? The compiled
transformation?

Please provide more information, possibly code fragments or pseudo code,
othewise no progress can be made.

- Brian
Brian Minchau, Ph.D.
XSLT Development, IBM Toronto