Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by rahmoune patrick <js...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/10/10 17:38:33 UTC

Custom validation message

Hi,

I would like to display a custom validation error message
when using the EqualValidator.

The message could be different depending on the context

I think about creating my own that takes a messageKey as a tag attribute.

Is this the way to go ?

Patrick

---------------------------------
 Téléchargez le ici !

Re: Custom validation message

Posted by rahmoune patrick <js...@yahoo.fr>.
Hi, thank you for the reply

Since I want to be able to use args in the message, I think that the replacement
should be done before the faces message is created. So, I don't get the custom renderer idea

For the moment, I've created my own EqualValidator with a message key and it is ok.

I don't like the solution but it was easy to implement

comment?

Andrew robinson <an...@gmail.com> a écrit :
There are probably several ways to skin this cat. Here are a few:

   you could use f:attribute then create a custom renderer to replace the message
   use a properties file and override the default EqualValidator message (this would be for all instances).
   use a custom renderer, and replace the message based on properties of the component
-Andrew

On 10/10/05, rahmoune patrick <js...@yahoo.fr> wrote:Hi,

Posted by Andrew robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
There are probably several ways to skin this cat. Here are a few:

   1. you could use f:attribute then create a custom renderer to replace
   the message
   2. use a properties file and override the default EqualValidator
   message (this would be for all instances).
   3. use a custom renderer, and replace the message based on properties