Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Andrew Fielden <af...@tibco.com> on 2005/10/05 14:31:47 UTC

Question on adding Xpath2.0 functions to Xalan2.6?

I'm using a stylesheet that was created for a custom xslt engine which
makes use of Xpath2.0 features, specifically the exists() function.

We're now using the stylesheet with Xalan 2.6, which does not support
Xpath2.0.

So I need to write a custom exists() function and register it
programatically in Java with Xalan.

I've consulted the Apache website, and the examples typically involve
creating extension functions in a custom namespace, then modifying the
stylesheet to use these functions. In my case I am not able to modify
the stylesheet.

My question is can anyone give advice on how I provide and register an
implementation of  exists() with the Xalan engine so it can process my
stylesheet?

Any examples would be very useful.

Thanks for any help.
Andrew.