Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com> on 2010/05/14 15:40:54 UTC

merge of uimaj/branches/mavenAlign back into trunk complete

starting on uima-as, then sandbox -M

Re: merge of uimaj/branches/mavenAlign back into trunk complete

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops again.  Seems that merge-to-trunk does the work on the svn repo
directly.

My working copy, although showing updates, seems to have no updates,
(maybe it's just the merge info kept by svn), and is still "switched" to
the branches/mavenAlign.  So I think my first note on this was correct -
in that the merge did finish.

On to the others now.  -Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
oops, slight correction.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
The problem with earlier attempts - I am doing the merge from Eclipse.
I didn't realize that I needed to checkout a trunk - workspace and do
the merge from there (to merge back into trunk)...

Merge status:

First of all, I did a snapshot deploy of the uima/build/trunk projects -
so all can have access to this without needing to build these tools.

uimaj - has now been merged successfully.  The following worked for me:

cd aggregate-uimaj, mvn clean install
cd uimaj-distr, mvn clean install
cd uimaj-eclipse-update-site, mvn clean install

uima-as - merged.  There's more work to do: The javadoc gen is
generating lots of warnings, the word "incubator" is lying around in
many places (also in the uimaj - this needs cleanup), and some of the
eclipse plugin projects were overlooked and still need converting to the
new build system, and the eclipse-update-site build mechanism needs to
be figured out for uima-as addons.

sandbox - not yet finished...  will work on this over the weekend if I
get a chance.

-M

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
merge of sandbox back into trunk now complete.

Some notes:

Only the projects in the sandbox that are in the "release" set were
updated; others such as the groovy version of opencalais, and the
uima-as simple server, were not.  These can be updated if and when
there's interest to do the work :-).