Posted to dev@ambari.apache.org by Richard Zang <rz...@hortonworks.com> on 2015/09/17 21:19:23 UTC

Preparing Ambari 2.1.2 branch

Hi developers and PMCs,

I am proposing cutting a new branch branch-2.1.2 for Ambari 2.1.2 on Sep 17th 6pm PDT.

After making the branch, we (i.e., development community) should only accept blocker or critical bug fixes into the branch and harden it until it meets a high enough quality bar.
If you have a bug fix, it should first be committed to trunk, and after ensuring that it does not break any tests, then it should be integrated to the Ambari branch-2.1.2.
If you have any doubts whether a fix should be committed into branch-2.1.2, please email me for input at rzang@hortonworks.com
Stay tuned for updates on the release process.

Thanks,
Richard

Re: Preparing Ambari 2.1.2 branch

Posted by Yusaku Sako <yu...@hortonworks.com>.
Yes, you are right, Jayush. Thanks for the correction.

Yusaku

Posted by Jayush Luniya <jl...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Alejandro Fernandez <af...@hortonworks.com>.
That's correct.