Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Eric Pugh <ep...@opensourceconnections.com> on 2004/11/01 15:01:26 UTC

Massive cleanup of Fulcrum Component dependencies

I have just finished going through and cleaning up the dependencies for the
various Fulcrum components.  Previously we were using a mix of Merlin and
ECM containers for builds, and this caused a rather long list of
dependencies.  We recently added a lightweight Avalon container
implementation called Yaafi (Yet Another Avalon Framework Impl) that is
integrated into the Fulcrum builds.

This means that I have been able to remove the various ECM and Merlin
dependencies from the build.  You can still run as ECM by setting a switch
in the BaseUnitTest.  But, by default it uses Yaafi.

Please try it out, let me know about any dependency issues or build issues
you may have.

Eric

Re: Massive cleanup of Fulcrum Component dependencies

Posted by Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com>.
Oop's I take that back I just ran cvs up without -d.

Ben

--
Thanks

Ben

Re: Massive cleanup of Fulcrum Component dependencies

Posted by Ben Gidley <bg...@gmail.com>.
First glitch for you - the yaffi jar does not seem to be on any of the repo's.

Attempting to download fulcrum-yaafi-1.0.3-dev.jar.
WARNING: Failed to download fulcrum-yaafi-1.0.3-dev.jar.

Ben
On Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:01:26 +0100, Eric Pugh
<ep...@opensourceconnections.com> wrote:
> I have just finished going through and cleaning up the dependencies for the
> various Fulcrum components.  Previously we were using a mix of Merlin and
> ECM containers for builds, and this caused a rather long list of
> dependencies.  We recently added a lightweight Avalon container
> implementation called Yaafi (Yet Another Avalon Framework Impl) that is
> integrated into the Fulcrum builds.
>
> This means that I have been able to remove the various ECM and Merlin
> dependencies from the build.  You can still run as ECM by setting a switch
> in the BaseUnitTest.  But, by default it uses Yaafi.
>
> Please try it out, let me know about any dependency issues or build issues
> you may have.
>
> Eric

Thanks

Ben