Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by benjamin fry <be...@thrownet.com> on 2000/10/23 20:29:30 UTC

Performing transform with a DOM: XALAN-C-1.0

Hi.  I'm using xalan to transform XML to HTML on linux.

I am having an intersting issue.  When I pass XALAN ascii for the XML
data, the Parse is taking about 150 milliseconds, and the transform is
taking 80.  Now I want to cut out the XML parse, so I am creating a DOM,
I've tried a XRCES DOM, and a XALAN DOM.  But instead of getting a cool
transform time of 80 milliseconds, the number jumps to 880!  This just
boggles my mind.

These are the steps that I take to perform a transform:

Compile a StyleSheet.
Create a XalanDocument...
Create a XSLTInputSource using the XalanDocument as the source.
Create a XSLTResultTarget

Finally call
StyleSheet.process(XSLTInputSource,XSLTResultTarget,ExecutionContext);

The execution context was created earlier.

Anyway porforming these steps vs. Creating an InputSource using a stream
taks much longer in the transform step.

Any suggestions would be great.

--
benjamin fry