Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Michael Fahy <fa...@chapman.edu> on 2005/03/12 09:12:37 UTC

reprocessing mailboxes

We have recently started using SURBL and some of the SARE rules and are
very pleased with the results.  So much so that we would like to revisit
all of our users INBOX's and pass their messages through the new and
improved SpamAssassin and then have our spamass-milter take another crack
at deleting the messages whose new spam score is above our threshold.  We
have tried to write code to do this but have run into problems with file
locking since the mailboxes live on NFS mounted filesystems.  What is the
recommended method for re-processing  mailboxes in mbox format on NFS
mounted file systems?  We have about 100,000 of these maillboxes.

Thanks in advance.

--
Michael Fahy
Chapman University