Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Prasanna Ram Venkatachalam <vp...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/09 09:24:51 UTC

[users@httpd] AuthBasic - Adding one Exception

Hi All,

I am using Apache configured with mod_auth_basic module. I added the
AuthType Basic and other related information in <Location />.
This is protecting all accesses to all locations in WebServer. Now i want to
add one exception for a particular page /xyz, if it is accessed from a
particular host abc
I tried putting a separate <Location /xyz> and used Allow, Require and
Satisy Any directives. It did not work and still asks for credentials. Is
there a way to allow this kind of exception? Please advice.

This is what am using now
<Location />
AuthType Basic
AuthName TEST
AuthUserFile "location to user file"
Require valid-user
</Location>
<Location /xyz>
    Require valid-user
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from abc
    Satisfy Any
</Location>

Thanks in advance

Regards
Prasanna Ram

Re: [users@httpd] AuthBasic - Adding one Exception

Posted by Prasanna Ram Venkatachalam <vp...@gmail.com>.

> Can't you just remove the "Require valid-user" ?

Thank Andre. I tried that.
Removing that from <Location /xyz> is still asking for credentials :( (i
guess because / is protected)
I want the whole root to be protected, so i cannot remove it from <Location
/>
Just want to add an exception for a single page for single IP/host

Posted by André Warnier <aw...@ice-sa.com>.