Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Nathan Zabaldo <nz...@gmail.com> on 2007/01/23 03:57:38 UTC

Need to block spam - help!

I am getting pounded by "increase your size", "your sausage is small" for
your darling emails.  The subject is always different and the body, but the
common words.  Is there a ruleset out there?  I am running sa 3.1.7 with all
the latest sa-updates, but these just come right on through.

Re: Need to block spam - help!

Posted by Ken A <ka...@pacific.net>.
Nathan Zabaldo wrote:
> I am getting pounded by "increase your size", "your sausage is small" for
> your darling emails.  The subject is always different and the body, but the
> common words.  Is there a ruleset out there?  I am running sa 3.1.7 with
> all
> the latest sa-updates, but these just come right on through.

Spammers design spam to get through anti-spam systems. :-\

You have to either write your own rules or wait for sa-update or SARE
(do get the SARE rules if you don't have them yet!) to come out with a
rule that matches them. If you can write your own rules, you'll be able
to respond to this sort of thing much quicker.

The risk of an FP is somewhat greater though.. Especially if you happen
to have customers that get email from H&R Block, telling them how they
will "increase the size of their" ... tax refund.

Ken A
Pacific.Net