Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Felix Knecht <fe...@otego.com> on 2010/06/06 11:40:19 UTC

Javadocs / Header / Svn tags

Re: Javadocs / Header / Svn tags

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 6/6/10 2:03 PM, Felix Knecht wrote:

>>> You're right.

>>> In this case I'll clean up the other files.
>>>

>> Do we have a lot of them ?
>>
> Probably yes, the pattern is in the codetemplates.xml we recommend I
> think
> (https://cwiki.apache.org/DIRxDEV/coding-standards.data/codetemplates.xml):
>
> /**
>   * ${todo} ${type_name}.
>   *
>   * @author<a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory
> Project</a>
>   * @version $$Rev$$, $$Date$$
>   */

Let's get rid of that, then ...

Unless someone had a very valid reason to keep them ?

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.nextury.com

Re: Javadocs / Header / Svn tags

Posted by Felix Knecht <fe...@apache.org>.

Re: Javadocs / Header / Svn tags

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Re: Javadocs / Header / Svn tags

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
On 6/6/10 11:40 AM, Felix Knecht wrote:

> In Coding standards [1] we say that we don't want to have names in the
> hader. I agree, but IMO wouldn't it be nice to no ate least how old the
> code is? I suggest to a a seconed line indication the revision and the
> date of the last commit (some files already have this header) -->
>
> @author<a href="mailto:dev@directory.apache.org">Apache Directory
> Project</a>
> @version $Rev: 951845 $, $Date: 2010-06-06 11:13:46 +0200 (Sun, 06 Jun
> 2010) $
>
> Any objections?

No need for that IMO. Such information is already present on the web, if
needed :
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/directory/shared/trunk/asn1/src/main/java/org/apache/directory/shared/asn1/AbstractAsn1Object.java?view=log