Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com> on 2006/04/25 21:01:17 UTC

Re: servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT.war deploy in Geronimo error

I am also seeing similar symptoms. In my case, I noticed a problem during
deployment.

Steps:
--------
1.build servicemix using maven 1.0.2
2.unzip geronimo 1 - M5 to C:\java\geronimo-1.0-M5
3.start geronimo using java -jar bin\server.jar
4.deploy using the following command:
java -jar bin\deployer.jar --user system --password manager deploy
C:\java\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\servicemix-assembly\target\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\bin\servicemix-3.0-SNAPSHOT\examples\servicemix-web\servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT.war

Symptoms:
=========
SYMPTOM 1
---------------
snippet from geronimo console follows.....

[****************> ] 92%  24s Starting servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT
14:17:04,530 ERROR [ContextLoader] Context initialization failed
with name 'broker' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/activemq.xml]: Initialization of bean failed; nested except
ion is java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.activeio.journal.active.JournalImpl.<init>(Ljava/io/File;IILjava/io/File;)V

SYMPTOM 2
-----------------
...furthermore, I see the following in console

  Listening on Ports:
    1099 0.0.0.0 RMI Naming
    1527 0.0.0.0 Derby Connector
    4201 0.0.0.0 ActiveIO Connector EJB
    4242 0.0.0.0 Remote Login Listener
    8019 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector AJP
    8080 0.0.0.0 Jetty Connector HTTP
    8090 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTP
    8443 0.0.0.0 Jetty Connector HTTPS
    8453 0.0.0.0 Tomcat Connector HTTPS
   61616 0.0.0.0 ActiveMQ Message Broker Connector
  Started Application Modules:
    WAR: servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT
    EAR: org/apache/geronimo/Console/Jetty
    WAR: org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Jetty
    WAR: org/apache/geronimo/applications/Welcome/Tomcat
  Web Applications:
    http://markpxpr52:8080/
    http://markpxpr52:8080/
    http://markpxpr52:8080/console
    http://markpxpr52:8080/console-standard
    http://markpxpr52:8080servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT !! this does not look
good !!
  WARNING: Some GBeans were not started successfully:
    default (starting)
    BindingServlet (starting)
    JMXServlet (starting)
    servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT (failed) !! this does not look good !!
    jsp (starting)

Using the geronimo management console, I see that the servicemix web
application is running
running  	Stop   	 Uninstall   	servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT

SYMPTOM 3
-----------------
However, the url ...
http://localhost:8080/servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT
... returns a 404, which I suspect was revealed in the geronimo console, as
I mentioned above...

 http://markpxpr52:8080servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT !! this does not look
good !!

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT.war deploy in Geronimo error

Posted by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
Yes, this latest servicemix-3.0-M1.zip  , seems to have resolved the
dployment.

Posted by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
A couple of followup questions.
1.Just to be sure, should I grab the binary from
http://cvs.apache.org/repository/incubator-servicemix/distributions/,
dated below?
[   ] servicemix-3.0-M1.zip                            25-Apr-2006 02:21
52M
2.Does this fix also address the missing slash I pointed out in the URL?
   Web Applications:
     http://markpxpr52:8080/
     http://markpxpr52:8080servicemix-web-3.0-SNAPSHOT !! this does not look

Thanks and regards,
Mark

Posted by markpittsnh <ma...@yahoo.com>.
As per, http://servicemix.org/Geronimo+Integration, I believe require
"Geronimo 1.0-M5 (Geronimo 1.0-SNAPSHOT for component deployment)" for the
console to work.

As per M% release notes, section 'specific issues addressed in M', states "*
[GERONIMO-762]  Improve manageability by adding a web based management
console".

Regards.
Mark

Posted by kahon <ka...@sohu.com>.
--------------
I think the error may be caused by incompatibilities between the
activeio versions used by geronimo and servicemix.  However, recent
servicemix snapshots uses a new version of activeio where package
names are now org.apache.activeio, so the conflict should be solved.
You should try with the latest ServiceMix snapshot.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I think the error may be caused by incompatibilities between the
activeio versions used by geronimo and servicemix.  However, recent
servicemix snapshots uses a new version of activeio where package
names are now org.apache.activeio, so the conflict should be solved.
You should try with the latest ServiceMix snapshot.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet