Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/10 00:16:34 UTC

asm IllegalArgumentException with 1.0.0

Hi - after upgrading to 1.0.0, I'm getting this exception now in a unit
test:

   IllegalArgumentException:   (null:-1)
org.apache.flink.shaded.org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.<init>(Unknown
Source)
org.apache.flink.shaded.org.objectweb.asm.ClassVisitor.<init>(Unknown
Source)
org.apache.flink.api.scala.InnerClosureFinder.<init>(ClosureCleaner.scala:279)
org.apache.flink.api.scala.ClosureCleaner$.getInnerClasses(ClosureCleaner.scala:95)
org.apache.flink.api.scala.ClosureCleaner$.clean(ClosureCleaner.scala:115)
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.StreamExecutionEnvironment.scalaClean(StreamExecutionEnvironment.scala:568)
org.apache.flink.streaming.api.scala.StreamExecutionEnvironment.addSource(StreamExecutionEnvironment.scala:498)

The line that causes that exception is just adding a FlinkKafkaConsumer08
source.

ClassVisitor [1] seems to throw that IllegalArgumentException when it is
not given a valid api version number, but InnerClosureFinder [2] looks fine
to me.

Any idea what might be causing this? This unit test worked fine with
1.0.0-rc0 jars.

Thanks,
Zach

[1]
http://websvn.ow2.org/filedetails.php?repname=asm&path=%2Ftrunk%2Fasm%2Fsrc%2Forg%2Fobjectweb%2Fasm%2FClassVisitor.java
[2]
https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/master/flink-scala/src/main/scala/org/apache/flink/api/scala/ClosureCleaner.scala#L279

Re: asm IllegalArgumentException with 1.0.0

Posted by David Kim <da...@braintreepayments.com>.
Hi Stephan!

Following up on this issue, it seems the issue doesn't show itself when
using version 1.0.1. I'm able to run our unit tests in IntelliJ now.

Thanks!
David

Posted by Stephan Ewen <se...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zach Cox <zc...@gmail.com>.