Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Norman Barker <no...@gmail.com> on 2009/10/15 23:49:30 UTC

windows build of erlang

Hi,

if you are building erlang under cygwin to follow the couchdb 0.10
windows instructions, turn off your on-access virus scanner (McAfee in
my case), it leaks memory, may be because of cygwin who knows, but
results in nasty Windows crash with lots of CreateProcessA errors and
nothing else works in the OS either.  A hard reboot is the only way
out.

Turning off the scanner works ok,

I had to make the following change to

otp_src_R13B02-1\lib\gs\tcl\Makefile.in

TCL_TAR = @TCL_TAR@
ifneq ($(TCL_TAR),)
ifeq ($(TARGET),win32)
TCL_TAR = binaries/win32.tar.gz
endif
endif

instead of

ifeq ($(TARGET),win32)
TCL_TAR = binaries/win32.tar.gz
else
TCL_TAR = @TCL_TAR@
endif

and I wasn't able to get the enviroment to pick up wxwidgets or
openssl but everything else was good!

Norman

Re: windows build of erlang

Posted by Mark Hammond <sk...@gmail.com>.
On 16/10/2009 8:49 AM, Norman Barker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> if you are building erlang under cygwin to follow the couchdb 0.10
> windows instructions, turn off your on-access virus scanner (McAfee in
> my case), it leaks memory, may be because of cygwin who knows, but
> results in nasty Windows crash with lots of CreateProcessA errors and
> nothing else works in the OS either.  A hard reboot is the only way
> out.
>
> Turning off the scanner works ok,
>
> I had to make the following change to
>
> otp_src_R13B02-1\lib\gs\tcl\Makefile.in

FYI, I just added a 'SKIP' file to the lib/gs dir, meaning the couchdb
binaries I've made available simply have no tcl support at all.

> and I wasn't able to get the enviroment to pick up wxwidgets or
> openssl but everything else was good!

I donwloaded the SLL binary installer pointed to by the erlang readme
and it worked "as advertised" (ie, magically just worked).  The install
had the result of adding a OPENSSL_CONF variable to my environment which
is how I suspect the magic works...

Cheers,

Mark

Re: windows build of erlang

Posted by Norman Barker <no...@gmail.com>.
sorry, I should have said I was following

for the makefile fixes.