Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Reid Badgett <re...@neovera.com> on 2005/04/29 15:26:11 UTC

Click Back and see the classpath on the page!

Hi there,

On our development team we're using the latest version of Mozilla 1.0.3
and Tapestry 3.0.2.

We sometimes see bizarre behavior with the back button where we click
back and part of the server's classpath is displayed at the bottom of
the screen.  Sometimes it's not the classpath but part of the rendered
html from the page.  The problem is not easily re-creatable, it just
happens from time to time.

When viewing the html source, this extraneous stuff appears AFTER the
<!-- Render time: ~ 634 ms --> block of the page that was rendered.  And
for the case of part of the classpath being in the html source, there
was an <li> tag between each part of the classpath.

Has anyone ever seen this before?  I don't believe the back button is
even causing a repost to the server, so why would this extra information
be coming out on the screen?  We suspected perhaps that an exception was
occurring and the classpath or parts of the html were coming from
Tapestry's error page. (we have a Base64 class for encoding objects in
hidden fields that can throw and subsequently eat nullpointer exceptions
when it's done encoding and trying to close it's output stream)

Could that in some way be part of the problem?  (again it doesn't appear
to be reposting when the back button is clicked so I'm not sure that
this could be it).

- Reid