Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Donal Lafferty <do...@citrix.com> on 2013/07/15 15:30:29 UTC

CloudMonkey using user / password authentication

Any plans to allow CloudMonkey make API requests authenticated with username / password?

This would be handy for API keys setup.

Re: CloudMonkey using user / password authentication

Posted by Chip Childers <ch...@sungard.com>.
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 01:30:29PM +0000, Donal Lafferty wrote:
> Any plans to allow CloudMonkey make API requests authenticated with username / password?
>
> This would be handy for API keys setup.

Moving discussion to dev@.

AFAIK, nothing has been discussed about this yet.

Re: CloudMonkey using user / password authentication

Posted by Rohit Yadav <bh...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 15, 2013 at 7:00 PM, Donal Lafferty
<do...@citrix.com>wrote:

> Any plans to allow CloudMonkey make API requests authenticated with
> username / password?

+1 submit/apply a patch :)

Btw, you can setup keys using the CLI itself, using port 8096 call the
generate keys api on your username/id/domain and list your username | grep
api and secret keys and use those on port 8080 :)

Adding such feature may hide the api and secret key concepts of ACS, we
want to explicitly tell people that there is a token/key based auth in ACS
they should use. User/Password may not be that secure, also
username/password would be eventually used to get those keys, storing them
within config in plain text is something I wanted to avoid in the first
place when I wrote the initial version.

Cheers.