Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by to...@attbi.com on 2002/08/28 18:16:27 UTC

empty xmlns attribute

I'm attempting to create a simple document based soap
message.  When I create the body all of the elements
within have an empty xmlns attribute which the service
objects to.  I'm using axis beta3.

For example,

Document doc = new DocumentImpl();
Element  elem1 = doc.createElement("elem1");
Element  elem2 = doc.createElement("elem2");

elem1.appendChild(elem2);

SOAPBodyElement reqSOAPBodyElement = new SOAPBodyElement
(somePQN);

reqSOAPBodyElement.addChild(new MessageElement(elem1));
SOAPEnvelope env = getEnvelope(); //creates generic env
w/header
env.addBodyElement(reqSOAPBodyElement);

SOAPEnvelope resp =  call.invoke(env);

When I look at the body of the created message the
result looks something like this.

<soapenv:Body>
<elem1 xmlns="">
<elem2 xmlns="">some value</elem2>
</elem1>
</soapenv:Body>

How do I get rid of the xmlns="" attributes?  BTW:  It
appears these are being added by
SerializationContextImpl.

Tom C.