Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com> on 2010/11/01 11:53:59 UTC

Re: any reason for ssl_engine_kernel.c to use ap_log_error() when r and/or c are known?

Generally "no reason, no", there are lots of places in mod_ssl where
_cerror should be used but the code predates the existence of _cerror;
it's possible the SNI-related use of ap_log_error() in
ssl_hook_ReadReq() is deliberate, however, I'm guessing.

Regards, Joe

Re: any reason for ssl_engine_kernel.c to use ap_log_error() when r and/or c are known?

Posted by Peter Sylvester <pe...@edelweb.fr>.
On 11/01/2010 11:53 AM, Joe Orton wrote:
> Generally "no reason, no", there are lots of places in mod_ssl where
> _cerror should be used but the code predates the existence of _cerror;
> it's possible the SNI-related use of ap_log_error() in
> ssl_hook_ReadReq() is deliberate, however, I'm guessing.
>
> Regards, Joe
I don't think that there is a deliberate use.