Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Wasim Bari <wa...@msn.com> on 2008/11/04 20:42:29 UTC

HDFS Login Security

Hi,
     Do we have any Java class for Login purpose to HDFS programmatically like traditional UserName/Password mechanism ? or we can have only system user or user who started NameNode ?

Thanks,

Wasim

Re: HDFS Login Security

Posted by Aaron Kimball <aa...@cloudera.com>.
It's not a complete security system, though. There's no authentication -- it
trusts the username you enter. I think Kerberos auth is coming, but not
ready yet
- Aaron

Re: HDFS Login Security

Posted by Alex Loddengaard <al...@cloudera.com>.