Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org> on 2001/05/02 14:35:05 UTC

Current Status of Avalon Beta 1

As of right now, the Avalon framework code has been stable since the
package migration.  I don't think I saw any commits in that area.

Can we vote on a code freeze for Avalon Framework?

For Avalon Excalibur, with the exception of moving thread to scratchpad,
the API has been stable, and the commits have been bug fixes.  At this
time, I think we have the Pool, DataSources, and Component packages
correct.

Are we set for a complete (Avalon Excalibur, Framework, and Scratchpad)
code freeze on Friday 4?

That way, if no bugs come up within the week following, we can package
it up.

Beta 1 FanFare
--------------

Because Beta 1 is API and functionality stability, and documentation
updates come with Beta 2, I want to keep the fanfare for Avalon Beta
1 release low.  Announcements will be made locally on Jakarata and
XML announce lists, and the site will be updated to reflect the beta
status with a disclaimer saying that the documentation is under
construction.

We are getting close guys!

RE: Current Status of Avalon Beta 1

Posted by Leo Simons <ma...@leosimons.com>.
> As of right now, the Avalon framework code has been stable since the
> package migration.  I don't think I saw any commits in that area.
>
> Can we vote on a code freeze for Avalon Framework?

you have my +1.

> Are we set for a complete (Avalon Excalibur, Framework, and Scratchpad)
> code freeze on Friday 4?

+1

> We are getting close guys!

yay!

greetz,

LSD

RE: Current Status of Avalon Beta 1

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@osm.net>.

+1

> >For Avalon Excalibur, with the exception of moving thread to scratchpad,
> >the API has been stable, and the commits have been bug fixes.  At this
> >time, I think we have the Pool, DataSources, and Component packages
> >correct.
>
> +1
+1

> >Are we set for a complete (Avalon Excalibur, Framework, and Scratchpad)
> >code freeze on Friday 4?
>
> +1
+1

Steve.

Re: Current Status of Avalon Beta 1

Posted by Peter Donald <do...@apache.org>.
At 08:35  2/5/01 -0400, Berin Loritsch wrote:
>As of right now, the Avalon framework code has been stable since the
>package migration.  I don't think I saw any commits in that area.
>
>Can we vote on a code freeze for Avalon Framework?

+1

>For Avalon Excalibur, with the exception of moving thread to scratchpad,
>the API has been stable, and the commits have been bug fixes.  At this
>time, I think we have the Pool, DataSources, and Component packages
>correct.

+1

>Are we set for a complete (Avalon Excalibur, Framework, and Scratchpad)
>code freeze on Friday 4?

+1

>That way, if no bugs come up within the week following, we can package
>it up.
>
>Beta 1 FanFare
>--------------
>
>Because Beta 1 is API and functionality stability, and documentation
>updates come with Beta 2, I want to keep the fanfare for Avalon Beta
>1 release low.  Announcements will be made locally on Jakarata and
>XML announce lists, and the site will be updated to reflect the beta
>status with a disclaimer saying that the documentation is under
>construction.
>
>We are getting close guys!

yeehaw !
Cheers,