Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by d s <dt...@yahoo.com> on 2005/02/14 05:13:09 UTC

FirstSteps

Hi
Is there a good document about tapestry.. I am new to this and all I have is JDK.

Thanks

Re: FirstSteps

Posted by Geoff Longman <gl...@gmail.com>.
http://www.manning.com/catalog/view.php?book=lewisship

Re: FirstSteps

Posted by sales <sa...@digiatlas.net>.

Bruno Sanguinetti wrote:

> When you have gone through the tutorials and want to start your own
> app,  it is good to have the "Tapestry in Action" book, which is very
> well  written.

Apart from the index to the book... Manning needs to find a new indexer.

I wonder if Howard intends to do a second edition?  A bit early in the
piece I suppose, but maybe after the next release?

dd

Re: FirstSteps

Posted by Bruno Sanguinetti <ke...@sussex.ac.uk>.
wrote:

> Hi
> Is there a good document about tapestry.. I am new to this and all I
> have is JDK.
> Thanks

>  Read only the mail you want - Yahoo! Mail SpamGuard.

Apart from the Tapestry documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry/doc.html

You might want to go through some tutorials eg:
http://www2.cpttm.org.mo/cyberlab/softdev/tapestry/
http://www.sandcastsoftware.com/articlesandtutorials/brownbag/index.html#tapestry

When you have gone through the tutorials and want to start your own app,
it is good to have the "Tapestry in Action" book, which is very well
written.

Then, for more specific issues, you will probably find a lot of
information in this mailing list.

Note that if you only have the JDK, and install tapestry you also need to
install two extra .jar files that are not included in the main
distribution: these are ognl and javassist.
http://www.csg.is.titech.ac.jp/~chiba/javassist/
http://www.ognl.org/

If you try to run the j2ee virtual library example, the ant script will
try to download some dependencies, I  think that one or two have changed
web address,  so  you need to put the right URL in the ant script.
If you are using JDK 1.5 you might also want to change the target JDK in
the script to make them compatible.

Have fun!