Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Uwe Viergutz <uw...@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de> on 2002/07/09 21:54:48 UTC

Building Probs: Xerces 1_7_0 with Suse 7.3

Hello,

I try to build Xerces 1_7_0 on Suse 7.3 with gcc (2.95), but it doesn't work:

It seems to me, that autoconf and configure run without problems. But when i
invoke gmake i get the following error:

gmake[2]: Entering directory
'....../xerces-c-src1_7_0/src/xercesc/util/NetAccessors'
gmake[2]: *** no rule to make target 'includes'. Stop.

What do i have to do?

thanks
	Uwe Viergutz

Re: Building Probs: Xerces 1_7_0 with Suse 7.3

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.
"Uwe Viergutz" <uw...@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de> writes:

> Am Dienstag, 9. Juli 2002 23:33 schrieben Sie:
> > "Uwe Viergutz" <uw...@informatik.uni-oldenburg.de> writes:
> > > I try to build Xerces 1_7_0 on Suse 7.3 with gcc (2.95), but it
> > > doesn't work:
> > >
> > > It seems to me, that autoconf and configure run without
> > > problems. But when i invoke gmake i get the following error:
> >
> > You should not be running configure by hand (I know this is silly, but
> > you shouldn't), there is a utility runConfigure which you should run
> > instead.
>
> i already tried to run the "runConfigure", but it also failed. My steps:
>
> 1) 	export XERCESCROOT=<full path to xerces-c-src1_7_0>
>
> 2)  	cd $XERCESCROOT/src/xercesc
> 	autoconf
>
> ----> "OK"
>
> 3) 	runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread -d
>
> ----> "command not found"
>
> 4)	./runConfigure -plinux -cgcc -xg++ -minmem -nsocket -tnative -rpthread -d
>
> ----> "Permission denied"  (i was logged in as root !)

Sigh....

This is something of a FAQ, although I don't think it's actually in
the document.

The problem is the file permissions of runConfigure and
configure. Please do a 'chmod a+x configure runConfigure' and try
again.

Cheers,
jas.

Re: Building Probs: Xerces 1_7_0 with Suse 7.3

Posted by "Jason E. Stewart" <ja...@openinformatics.com>.