Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com> on 2014/02/03 03:15:37 UTC

Bug in focus manager?

Hi,

Just noticed this in Focus Manager?
        browserMode = Capabilities.playerType == "ActiveX" && !popup;
        desktopMode = Capabilities.playerType == "Desktop" && !popup;

Shouldn't that be:
        browserMode = (Capabilities.playerType == "ActiveX" || Capabilities.playerType == "plugin") && !popup;
        desktopMode = Capabilities.playerType == "Desktop" && !popup;

Thanks,
Justin

Re: Bug in focus manager?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

On 2/2/14 6:15 PM, "Justin Mclean" <ju...@classsoftware.com> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Just noticed this in Focus Manager?
>        browserMode = Capabilities.playerType == "ActiveX" && !popup;
>        desktopMode = Capabilities.playerType == "Desktop" && !popup;
>
>Shouldn't that be:
>        browserMode = (Capabilities.playerType == "ActiveX" ||
>Capabilities.playerType == "plugin") && !popup;
>        desktopMode = Capabilities.playerType == "Desktop" && !popup;

Well, not as of IE8.  Only IE8 and earlier supported focus cycling out of
the SWF, to the Browser's address bar and back into the SWF.  BrowserMode
is the flag that allows focus to leave and return to the SWF.  I haven't
checked to see if any other browsers now allow that.

-Alex