Posted to users@camel.apache.org by deepak_a <an...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/10 13:36:03 UTC

Regarding Pluggable+storage+lockers

All,

I am running ActiveMQ (5.6.0) integrated in JBoss. I am also using Apache
Camel.
ActiveMQ runs in a master/slave fashion.

To ensure failover of Apache Camel routes, I have implemented strategy as
shown below
http://www.liquid-reality.de/display/liquid/2011/11/11/Hot+Standby+failover+for+Apache+Camel+routes

- This ensures that when the master acquires a lock on the database, the
slave (Camel) waits until master release lock (i.e. Master fails) - then
slave takes over

Does the Pluggable+storage+lockers described below - help me achieve the
same?
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ACTIVEMQ/Pluggable+storage+lockers
I presume not? can some one clarify

Note: the strategy I am following works perfect! However the query I use
select ...for update works fine (in holding lock in Oracle database but
fails with SQL Server - since it does not support select ... for update)

Apologies for cross posting both in Camel/ActiveMQ forum, since the topic
covers both I had to post it in both places.

regards,