Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com> on 2005/06/20 06:52:42 UTC

[Axis2] Temporary storage for Attachments - Proposal to change Axis storage

Hi all,
There can be very large attachments. Keeping them in memory will be a
problem. because of that we are thinking of coming up with a temperory
storage system for attachments. For the moment wat we are doing is just
writing some temporary files.
 We would be very happy if we can use the AxisStorage mechanism for the
above purpose, provided that it supports writing the stuff directly to the
file system.
 Object put(Object value, boolean storeInFile);
 Thanks & Regards,
~Thilina

----
"May the SourcE be with u"

Re: [Axis2] Temporary storage for Attachments - Proposal to change Axis storage

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
However.. I'm not sure the AxisStorage stuff is what should be used for
this. Thilina needs a more direct route to a "working directory" and
files in it IMO. What he will put in a message context will be the file
names in that directory.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thilina,