Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Konstantin Preißer <kp...@apache.org> on 2013/10/01 01:29:48 UTC

RE: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.45

Hi Mark,

I just tested trunk with r1527733, but unfortanetly I still see the same crashes in tcnative-1.dll.

I also noticed that as soon as I send the first HTTP request to Tomcat, it takes 100% CPU usage (1 thread) until the connection is closed (this is also the case with Tomcat 8.0.0-RC3 - sorry, I didn't notice that earlier).

Regards,
Konstantin Preißer

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/10/2013 10:18, Mark Thomas wrote:
> On 01/10/2013 00:29, Konstantin Preißer wrote:
>
>> Hi Mark,
>>
>> I just tested trunk with r1527733, but unfortanetly I still see the same crashes in tcnative-1.dll.
>
> Hmm. I can't re-create these any more. Are you sure you are using the
> latest 8.0.x code?

Scratch that. I can reproduce this now. Investigating...

Mark

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.45

Posted by Ognjen Blagojevic <og...@gmail.com>.
Mark,

On 1.10.2013 11:18, Mark Thomas wrote:
>> I just tested trunk with r1527733, but unfortanetly I still see the same crashes in tcnative-1.dll.
>
> Hmm. I can't re-create these any more. Are you sure you are using the
> latest 8.0.x code?

I also still get the crash with r1527985.

-Ognjen

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Tomcat 7.0.45

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 01/10/2013 00:29, Konstantin Preißer wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> I just tested trunk with r1527733, but unfortanetly I still see the same crashes in tcnative-1.dll.

Hmm. I can't re-create these any more. Are you sure you are using the
latest 8.0.x code?

I do see a hang when running the unit tests so something still isn't
quite right.

> I also noticed that as soon as I send the first HTTP request to Tomcat, it takes 100% CPU usage (1 thread) until the connection is closed (this is also the case with Tomcat 8.0.0-RC3 - sorry, I didn't notice that earlier).

I know why this is happening. I think this is going to need a separate
thread to resolve.

Mark