Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Carl Steinbach <cw...@apache.org> on 2011/08/16 00:26:35 UTC

Branch and Release Dates for Hive 0.8.0

Hi,

Hive 0.7.0, the last major version of Hive, was released more than four
months ago on March 20th.
This means that we're already overdue for a Hive 0.8.0 release since one of
the policies of the project
is to do a time-based release every three to four months.

So in the interest of getting the ball rolling I'm writing to propose the
following dates for Hive 0.8.0:

Monday 8/29: Create Hive 0.8.0 release branch

Monday 9/12: Create Hive 0.8.0 RC 0, start voting on release candidates

Thanks.

Carl

Re: Branch and Release Dates for Hive 0.8.0

Posted by John Sichi <js...@fb.com>.
Sounds good to me.

JVS