Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Stephen Pain <st...@db.com> on 2004/07/16 13:38:04 UTC

chainsaw expressions

Hi all,

I've been trying to use an expression something like this to refine the focus:

      !(MSG ~= counterpart)

and it's not working... I get "invalid partial text rule - !(MSG is not a valid field" in a tooltip when I hover the mouse over the expression.

I've tried moving the ! around a bit... various other errors, but I can't get it to do any filtering.  I had to resort to putting the MSG ~= counterpart in the FIND box, making all the events I wasn't interested in go black, and then carefully pick out the ones in between.

Is this problem because of something I'm doing wrong, or is it a bug?

Also, I've just noticed that now the scroll to bottom doesn't seem to work... it usually works fine for me, so I guess it's something to do with the fact that there are events highlighted as a result of the search criteria.

In case it's important, here's the full expression I'm using to highlight events:

      MSG ~= counterpart || MSG ~= CommandBean ||  EXCEPTION ~= Counterpart

Cheers,
Stephen