Posted to dev@asterixdb.apache.org by Michael Blow <mb...@gmail.com> on 2019/10/11 12:51:11 UTC

HEADS UP: storage block compression to be enabled by default

All,

The default storage block level compression strategy is changing from
'none' to 'snappy'.

Existing datasets will not be affected, but if you want to prevent new
datasets from being compressed, either specify the compression should be
none at dataset creation time:

*create dataset DBLP1(DBLPType)primary key idwith
{"storage-block-compression": {"scheme": "none"}};*

...or override the default in the config file to be none:

*storage.compression.block = none*

I expect this to be merged into master today.

Thanks,

-MDB

Re: HEADS UP: storage block compression to be enabled by default

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.
I think that works.

--

*Regards,*
Wail Alkowaileet

Re: HEADS UP: storage block compression to be enabled by default

Posted by Till Westmann <ti...@apache.org>.
Good question.

Posted by Wail Alkowaileet <wa...@gmail.com>.

--