Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Pelle Andersson <pe...@its.uu.se> on 2003/04/04 14:51:44 UTC

Http keepalive

Hi,

I need to do many soap requests in a sequence from one host. Is it possible to
use http keepalive whith apache-soap? To start a new http-session for each soap
request will be very expensive, especially when using https.

/Pelle

RE: Http keepalive

Posted by WJCarpenter <bi...@carpenter.ORG>.
pelle> I need to do many soap requests in a sequence from one host. Is
pelle> it possible to use http keepalive whith apache-soap? To start a
pelle> new http-session for each soap request will be very expensive,
pelle> especially when using https.

It is not directly supported, but here is a pointer to a patch:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-user&m=104447554215308&w=2

Here's come take-it-or-leave-it commentary on performance savings:

  http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=soap-dev&m=103230079704759&w=2

Re: Http keepalive

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Apache SOAP does not support HTTP keep-alive.

Note that the expense with https also relates to the SSL
implementation you use.  An SSL session *can* exist across multiple
HTTP calls.  The Sun SSL implementations sometimes reuse existing SSL
sessions across multiple HTTP calls, but other times do not.  I do
not know why that is.

On 4 Apr 2003 at 14:51, Pelle Andersson wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I need to do many soap requests in a sequence from one host. Is it possible to
> use http keepalive whith apache-soap? To start a new http-session for each soap
> request will be very expensive, especially when using https.
>
> /Pelle

Scott Nichol

Do not reply directly to this e-mail address,
as it is filtered to only receive e-mail from
specific mailing lists.