Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Victor B. Gonzalez" <ap...@vbgunz.com> on 2003/06/05 06:26:42 UTC

[users@httpd] Is it possible to hide a port number?

Hello Apache,

  I was unable to with my old server, hide my port numbers. I
  currently use a php script which needs to know the exact address of
  where it is located. I use a domain alias which forwards but listen
  to this...

  I own a domain and am simply trying to forward a subdomain to my
  IP:port number... I will go into an infinite loop if I try hiding
  the port number in the php script.

  Here is an example. I own xyz.com and have the subdomain abc.xyz.com
  forward request to 127.0.0.1:8080... the php script accessed through
  that address though thinks its address is abc.xyz.com (trying to
  hide the IP) and it goes into the loop...

  Its pretty logical but I am curious if Apache has any advantages in
  regards to port numbers... In a sense I don't see it as possible but
  Apache is like the wonder server and I am seriously curious if such
  feature existed...

  If their is something to help with port numbers I'd surely like to
  know more. Does anyone have any insight about this and if it could
  be done? I'd like to know how and would really appreciate any
  explanation and links if possible.

  Thank you

--
Best regards,
 Victor B. Gonzalez

apache_2.0.46-win32-x86-no_src
Windows XP 5.1 Build 2600 Service Pack 1

Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to hide a port number?

Posted by Jean Piere Nurcahyo Sumarno <ma...@ai3.itb.ac.id>.
Hi Victor,

Have you try setup your port in httpd.conf ? probably you can make another
port there for your sub domain :-).

Regards,
Marno