Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by nima dilmaghani <ni...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/12 01:10:53 UTC

[Lucene.Net] when indexing I boost certain documents, but their score at search is still 1

I am trying to boost certain documents. But they don't get boosted. Please
tell me what I am missing. Thanks!

In my index code I have:

if (myCondition)
{
   myDocument.SetBoost(1.1f);
}
myIndexWriter.AddDocument(document);

then in my search code I retrieve the collection of documents from the
ScoreDocs object into myDocuments collection and:

    foreach (Lucene.Net.Documents.Document doc in myDocuments)
    {
        float tempboost = doc.GetBoost();
    }

and I place a breakpoint in the foreach clause to break if the tempboost is
not 1. and the breakpoint is never hit.

What did I miss?

Many thanks!

Re: [Lucene.Net] when indexing I boost certain documents, but their score at search is still 1

Posted by Robert Jordan <ro...@gmx.net>.
On 12.10.2011 01:10, nima dilmaghani wrote:
> I am trying to boost certain documents. But they don't get boosted. Please
> tell me what I am missing. Thanks!
>
> In my index code I have:
>
> if (myCondition)
> {
>     myDocument.SetBoost(1.1f);
> }
> myIndexWriter.AddDocument(document);
>
> then in my search code I retrieve the collection of documents from the
> ScoreDocs object into myDocuments collection and:
>
>      foreach (Lucene.Net.Documents.Document doc in myDocuments)
>      {
>          float tempboost = doc.GetBoost();
>      }
>
> and I place a breakpoint in the foreach clause to break if the tempboost is
> not 1. and the breakpoint is never hit.
>
> What did I miss?

You missed to read the documentation:

http://lucene.apache.org/java/3_0_2/api/core/org/apache/lucene/document/Document.html#getBoost%28%29